It is funny how once you get to a certain subject, you read more and more inspiration on that same subject. Last night I thought about writing on how we only have one life to live and here I am on the fourth post about it. I just came across this post from Bronnie Ware on her blog Inspiration and Chai, about the Top 5 regrets of the dying:
1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I didn’t work so hard.
3. I wish I had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish I had let myself be happier.
It is interesting to see that none of the regrets had anything to do with making more money, be more successful or have a more expensive car / tv / phone / clothes. They are about love, happiness and friendship. And I think that says it all.